Bluegrass Classic SDT
Masterson Station Park
3051 Leestown Road, Lexington, KY 40511
May 18-22, 2022
VOLUNTEERS – All positions have been filled, thank you!
Thank you so much for considering volunteering at the 2022 Bluegrass Classic! With more than 160, 3-hour shifts to fill over a 5-day stretch, it takes a LOT of us to “get it done.” So, thank you for being willing to help where you can!! If every handler would commit to one (1) volunteer shift, we would be very grateful and well supported. Please consider volunteering!!
Please find the Volunteer Questionnaire below. The Volunteer Schedule isn’t created until the Running Orders have been established so your volunteer time won’t be scheduled anywhere near when you’re running your dog.
If you have any questions, or if something changes after you’ve completed the form, please feel free to call or email me and we’ll deal with things as they arise!
The following is a brief description of each position. We’ll be giving you more detailed instructions about your job once the schedule is determined.
- Set up (Monday & Tuesday): The Committee needs extra hands to help with a multitude of items such as tarping, field set up, watering sheep, White House set-up, horse trailer pick-up. We can offer a prime camping spot and an earnest “thank you”! Interested parties will be contacted by Paul or Marianna.
- Scribe/Clerk: Sits with the Judge to tally the score of each run. Also, keeps the time (stopwatch) of each run.
- Recorder: Officially reviews and records the score from each run.
- Poster: Posts the score for everyone to see.
- White House Back-Up: Your job is to work side-by-side with the recording person in charge of the White House.
- Silent Auction Tables: Set up at 10am and pack up items at 4pm, Thursday thru Saturday. We would like 2 people to lay out the items at the beginning of the day and remove the same in the afternoon. The Silent Auction Chair will organize forms and times for auctions to end.
- Novice Field Break Down: (Sunday only) A couple extra pairs of hands to help disassemble things on the Novice Field including removing course panels, t-posts, the pen, removing tarps from the set-out and exhaust areas and stacking these near the walk-thru gate near the tent. Please breakdown the exhaust pen and stack the green panels next to the exhaust gate.
- Course Director: Works closely with the Judge to keep the Novice Field running smoothly and on-time. Must have a good working knowledge of all aspects of the competition.
- Exhaust Sheep: This position requires an experienced handler and a well-trained dog to move the sheep to the exhaust at the end of each run on the Novice Field. The goal is to keep things moving smoothly and on time. These shifts are 2-hours only.
- Trial Tear-Down: The Committee needs additional hands to tear down the fields, pack up the White House, remove tarping, help load the sheep (Sunday or Monday) ….
Again, many, many thanks for your help!!
Sherry L Smith